Thank heavens for Google Alerts! Up until now, the only hits on Richard Armitage have been to do with the US politician, but today – gold! The Mirror have an interview with him, signed Vicki Power. Highlights:
Ladies, you need to sit down to read this. Because if you don’t, you might hurt yourself on the way down!
1. He’s looking for “that perfect food-loving woman” – hey, Nat! 😉
2. He uses Skype! Add me! Add me! Add me!
3. “I’m not particularly alpha. ‘Nourish and nurture’ are my watchwords as opposed to ‘search and destroy’.” – SNAP! *swoon*
4. He’s off to LA! Americans, your wish has come true!
5. “Unfortunately, my love life is nil.” – Plenty of women who’d be more than willing to remedy that… 😉 Perhaps I should add “sadly”, because it must be quite difficult being famous. You can’t be too sure who’s wanting you for the person you are, and who wants you just because you’re famous. Makes finding the Right One rather difficult, I bet. I hope he does find his Ms Right at some point. He seems like such a nice guy, and he deserves to be happy. 🙂
6. “I’d like a wife and family. /…/ Playing a father in Strike Back has really resonated with me, /…/ I’m quite relieved I don’t have that responsibility in real life, but I look around and my fellow actors are having babies and I’m envious. One day, one day.” – Hands up everyone who had the distinct feeling that their ovaries just exploded!
7. And here’s where we’d all go off the road if we were driving: What sort of a woman he’s looking for: “Someone a bit naughty. And who likes food – because I really do – and who doesn’t take life too seriously and has a sense of humour.” – *sits and stares at nothing for a few minutes* I ain’t giving up my wonderful Squeeze, but hot dang! I think that’s part of the appeal with Mr. A: he sounds so much like my husband. They look nothing like one another, and their personalities seem different too, but just in general. 🙂
8. The AA get a mention again… of course. Sigh!
9. Spooks series nine gets a mention as well. Oooh, can’t wait! He’s also left it up to the makers of the show whether or not Lucas gets into series ten, but wants a good death scene if they’re going to kill him off.
10. He reckons he should’ve been a ski instructor instead of an actor. I don’t ski personally, but I’m from a country with plenty of mountains to ski in. Oop North.
11. He’s started playing the cello again, at home. Wowza!
12. He drives a dark grey BMW hard-top convertible, but drives it “very carefully”, unlike most other BMW drivers. Speaking of which, he also mentions some major clothing designers. Stylish man, that. He could’ve said “George of Asda”, for all I care! (Clothes, fashion – beh.)
13. “I sound like I’m middle-aged before my time.” – *can’t suppress a giggle for a whole number of reasons, none of which are particularly funny when written down*
14. He’s a bit paranoid about his career, because it’s going so well right now. Aww.
15. He doesn’t read up on himself on the internet anymore, and he prefers it that way. He gets hurt by negative comments too! Oh, but if he kept to the blogosphere, he’d be among friends. Hrm, okay, so instead he’d just get exceedingly embarassed about all of us going “squeeeeee!!!!!!!!” all the time. Oh well, at least we’d have nothing bad to say about him. 🙂
There are many other things to go squeee about in that interview. Shame it doesn’t come with a picture. (I wonder if the printed version does… and if I can be bothered going to the shops to pick one up before they shut!) And it finishes by saying “Strike Back is on Wednesdays, Sky 1, 9pm” – err… it finished over a week ago? Get with the progamme, Mirror!
Linkage? ‘Tis here: Richard Armitage: ‘I was a beanpole with a nose I hadn’t grown into’. Enjoy and have a great bank holiday weekend if you’re in the UK! If you’re not, have a great ordinary weekend! 🙂