Laura over at Laura’s Reviews, who hosted the fab All About the Brontës Challenge in 2010, has come up with another great challenge: all things Victorian! Two to six (or more) items, and a whole year in which to do so, brilliant.
I’ve been meaning to read some more Victoriana other than the Brontës, so this is a great opportunity. I did go ever so slightly (*cough*) overboard with the Brontës, so I’m not going to be quite as crazy with this. I’m thinking one a month. That should work, surely? Exactly what I’ll read and when, I’ve not decided yet, but I’ll plonk it on this post when I have. 🙂
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Stuff by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Stuff by Charles Dickens
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Treasure Island and/or Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Possibly something by Jules Verne and/or H.G. Wells
- Some of those novels related to Jane Eyre that I’ve picked up as eBooks
And here’s what I’ve actually done so far and posted:
If you want to find out more or to sign up, please visit Laura’s Reviews: Victorian Challenge 2012.